Government Resources & Tools
Both the State and Federal Governments offer comprehensive resources and tools to new business start-ups, covering everything from sample business plans, to finances and taxation. Grants and assistance are also available for starting, expanding or relocating small businesses in each state.
- Business.gov.au - simple and convenient access to government information, forms and services.
- Grant Finder
- Starting a Business Guide
New South Wales
- Regional NSW Investment Prospectus
- NSW Small Business Commissioner - independent advocate for small businesses in NSW to ensure their interests are well represented.
- Business Connect - advice, skills and information to start and grow small businesses.
- Easy to do Business Service - streamlined application process for start ups.
- Jobs for NSW - grants and loans to startups and fast-growth small to medium enterprises.
- Small Business Rebate - gives up to $500 back to small business owners who buy and install eligible items to address a safety problem in their workplace.
- TAFE NSW - Skills for Business - initiative making partial and complete qualifications available for business owners to build skills central to starting and growing a business.
- Jobs Action Plan (Payroll Tax Rebate Scheme) - provides eligible NSW businesses with a $6,000 payroll tax rebate when new jobs are created.
- Small Business (Employment) Grant - provides up to $2,000 for non-payroll small businesses when hiring new employees.
- AgriTech Incubator program
- Boosting Business Innovation Program
- AlburyCity Community & Cultural Grants
- Lighting upgrades for small businesses
- Manufacturing efficiency funding - grants worth up to $120,000 to improve energy efficiency
- Commercial refrigerators rebate offer - rebates for upgrading glass door refrigerators and freezers to more energy efficient products.